TweakWeek was launched on June 1st by popular jailbreak developer Ryan Petrich, who released a new iOS tweak everyday for one week. After that, popular developers from the jailbreak community each take a week of their own. TweakWeek is no easy task, as developers must do all of the coding for each tweak on the day of its release; the source code must be made open source, too. Just over two weeks into the project, we’ve already seen some quick, easy, and simple tweaks for iOS. Each tweak requires that you’re running iOS 4.0 or higher. Most tweaks that have been released so far can be found on the default BigBoss repository in Cydia.
UPDATE: To settle some of the confusion, the dates below are merely the release dates of each tweak. These tweaks will always be available on Cydia for free regardless of which day it is.
- June 1 — DietBar: shrinks the size of most in-app navigation bars
- June 2 — PagePusher: adds flip-style animations when navigating through pages, lists
- June 3 — SplitMail: split-style mail app on iPad in portrait mode
- June 4 — Read Later Action: submit articles to Instapaper via Action Menu
- June 5 — Running Indicator: apps that are running have glowing icons
- June 6 — SliderBar: quick scrolling in all table views
- June 7 — MathAlarm: your alarm wakes you to arithmetic
Check out our large screenshot gallery plus other tweaks released by jailbroken developer Filippo Bigarella after the break.
Filippo Bigarella (repo source: http://filippobiga.me/repo)
- June 8 — ColorShot: when taking a screenshot, instead of a white flash you’ll see a random color
- June 9 — SwishUnlock: slide the unlock bar in both directions to unlock your device
- June 10 — SpotURL: open a website directly from Spotlight by typing in the URL and tapping “search”
- June 11 — TheftAlarm:if someone disconnects your iDevice while it is charging, an alarm will sound
- June 12 — VerticalAppToApp: vertical animation when switching between apps
- June 13 — LowPowerSquare: adds a small red square to your status bar when battery level is <20%
- June 14 — PrivateSMS: your messages will be hidden when you open the SMS app, tap “edit” followed by “unlock” for them to appear
We’ll update this post with Tyler Nettleton’s tweaks from June 15 – 21 when more become available.