Vimeo, a popular video sharing site targeted at content-creators, has released an official app for the iPhone. The app has iMovie-like HD video editing capabilities, complete with transitions, titles and effects, as well as the ability to use multiple clips and add different audio tracks. Users can also manage their Vimeo account, watch videos from their queue, and download existing videos to the camera roll. Completed videos can be exported and shared to the usual slew of social media sites, including Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, and more.
It’s a great alternative to Apple’s $4.99 solution, and works smoothly on the latest iPod Touch. The interface is very intuitive and quite pleasant, and the app is a joy to use overall.
Here’s some of what’s inside:
An easy-to-use video editor
• Capture video with focus control and grid alignment
• Combine, edit, and trim your videos
• Add transitions, titles, and effects
• Add music and recordings
• Control volume levels
• Save edited videos to your camera roll or upload directly to Vimeo
The whole Vimeo experience
• Watch and manage all your existing Vimeo videos and download them to your camera roll
• Easily upload your raw footage or edited creations in HD or SD
• Pause and resume uploads
• Replace existing videos
• Edit title, description, tags, privacy and credits
• Share with Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, WordPress, Email or SMS
• Add your clips to your Groups, Channels and Albums
• Stats on daily plays, likes and comments
The app requires an iPhone 3GS/4, iPod touch 4G or iPad 2.