Apple events always bring at least two things: lots of stats, and some awesome new products. Below, I’ve compiled all of the information released during today’s event.
tl;dr, Apple is doing fine. You could say that they have the Midas touch: (nearly) everything they do turns to gold!
iTunes, App Store, iBookStore, Apple ID
- 5 million iBooks sold
- 2500 publishers in iBookStore
- 200 million Apple ID accounts (from iTunes, iBooks, and App Store)
- $2,000,000,000 (that’s two billion) have been paid out to developers
- 100 million iPhones shipped to date
- 15 million iPads shipped to date (that’s more than any other tablet PC ever created)
- $9.5 billion in revenue for Apple
- Greater than 90% of the tablet market
- 65,000 iPad apps in the App Store (compared to Android 3.0 ‘Honeycomb,’ which has 100 apps for tablets)