The iPad 2 will be available March 11th (alongside iOS 4.3) in both black and white. The updated tablet features the same great 10 hour battery life, despite a dual-core A5 processor and 33% decrease in thickness and lighter design. Apple claims that the updated CPU will boost the graphics performance nine fold, making it by far the fastest touch-screen Apple product yet. As rumored, the iPad 2 has both a VGA-quality front and a rear camera capable of shooting video in 720p.
The resolution and available capacities will stay the same as the original, and 3G models will be available on Verizon and AT&T.
- Dual core A5 processor
- Rear camera: HD (720p) up to 30 frames per second, 5x still zoon
- Front camera: VGA up to 30 frames per second with audio; VGA-quality still camera
- Dramatically thinner (8.8 mm)
- 1.3 lbs, (.2 lbs lighter)
- 1/3 thinner than the iPad (even thinner than the iPhone 4)
- Available in both black and white
- Verizon and AT&T
- No LTE
- Same starting price: $499
- 16, 32, 64GB versions
- 10 hour battery life
- HDMI mirrored video out adapter—up to 1080p ($39)
- Magnetic “Smart Cover” ($39 poly, $69 leather)
- Updated iMovie (share to YouTube, Vimeo, and more)
Check out the full specs and product videos at Apple.