Apple has just released the first beta of iOS 4.3 to developers for testing. We’re not sure what changes or additions have been made, but you will know as soon as we do! Remember, don’t update if you depend on a jailbreak.
iOS 4.3 is not available for the iPhone 3G or iPod Touch 2G.
Update: Apple has added the following to iOS 4.3:
- Multitouch gestures to the iPad’s homescreen
- Option to choose between slide to lock and mute on the iPad
- 3rd party access to AirPlay.
- Personal Hotspot for GSM devices (first has to be implemented by carriers)
- Full screen iAds for the iPad (errm…yay?)
Test Multi-Touch Gestures for iPad
This beta release contains a preview of new Multi-Touch gestures for iPad. You can use four or five fingers to pinch to the Home Screen; swipe up to reveal the multitasking bar; and swipe left or right between apps. We are providing this preview before releasing them to the public to understand how these gestures work with your apps. Test them and give us your feedback on the Apple Developer Forums.
AirPlay Video support is now available as an option for developers in the MPMoviePlayerController class. It is also available to web authors via the QuickTime Plug-In or media element.
Additionally, 4.3 reportedly breaks Skype.