As rumored just under a week ago, the Skype iOS application has been updated with Skype to Skype video calls over WiFi and 3G (on iOS 4.0 and above). The iPhone 3GS, 4, and iPod Touch 4G are all able to send and recieve video, but as expected, the iPad and iPod Touch 3G can only receive video.
What’s New in Version 3.0
- Make Skype to Skype video calls on WiFi and 3G*
- Call Skype desktop users (Mac OS X or Windows) and other iPhone users.
- Two-way video calls supported on iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS and iPod touch 4th gen.
- Receive only video supported on iPad and iPod touch 3rd gen, with no camera.
- Make video calls in portrait and landscape.
- Skype video calling requires iOS 4.0 or above.
*Additional Data charges may apply
[Skype] Thanks ChrisL!