The Dev-Team has released the latest version of redsn0w for willing beta testers to try out. You’ll need access to the iOS 4.2 beta 3 IPSW, an iPhone 4, iPod Touch 4G, or iPad with 4.2b3 SHSH blobs saved, and a Mac. (Ultrasn0w unlockers do not use this version of redsn0w.)
Update #1: We’re about to release the first beta using this new “backup method”, which redsn0w calls “Jailbreak Monte”. Here are some important points:
- This is a beta tester program. It’s not a general release! Things can go very wrong, so please don’t even consider testing if you have pictures or other media on your device that you haven’t backed up!
- For the same reason, please don’t participate if you rely on the ultrasn0w carrier unlock. Wait for the final version!
- Until we fix some sandbox issues with bluetooth, the bluetooth functionality is disabled.
- This very first beta1 is limited to iPhone4, iPad, and iPod touch 4G.
- Cydia must have your 4.2b3 SHSH blobs saved on file. (As we approach a general release, we’ll provide a way to let you use locally saved hashes too).
- You must already have the usbmuxd software installed and running on your Mac (this requirement will eventually go away too). The correct invocation of the relay is just as that page says: “./tcprelay.py -t 22:2222”. If the relay isn’t installed or running correctly by the time the redsn0w ramdisk has started, you’ll need to restore to stock FW again to try it again. Please test it beforehand to save yourself some time!
- Please leave all feedback in the comments below (we really need your feedback to help develop it into a stable release!)
KNOWN BETA1 BUGS:
- Task switcher causes Springboard crash (temporary workaround is to use SBSettings process list)
- iPod player only works on ipt4g right now
- Bluetooth currently disabled due to sandbox problem
Hit the source for the full details and download link, and follow redsn0w_testers on Twitter for updates.