Right on schedule (and in time for the holidays), Skyfire for the iPad has made its way into the App Store. Like its miniature cousin, it features the unique ability to transcode Flash videos into an iOS friendly format, as well as a slew of social features. Plus, $4.99 for the ability to watch The Colbert Report is a small price to pay.
- Play millions of Flash videos – everyday, with no limits!
- All-new ‘Skybar’ toolbar gives one-click access to video and related content
- Stay in touch: Unique Facebook and Twitter ‘Quickview’ allows you to see your wall and feeds with one click.
- Universal ‘Like’: Like ANY page on the internet, with one click.
- Fireplace: See only the links shared by Friends. Why? Filter what friends did from what friends shared (which is a great starting point for browsing)
- Popular: See what Friends and the Facebook community have to say about the site you are currently exploring
- Be informed: Quick access to GReader feeds
- Be social: Share via Facebook and Twitter
- Share to more services including GReader, Instapaper, Pinboard and Read It Later
- Standard browser elements: Tabs, search, sharing, bookmarks, history, etc. • Full screen option for maximum use of screen real-estate – with scroll to top
- ‘Desktop’ option loads pages as on a desktop browser, giving more flexibility in accessing web sites
- Private Browsing option: Browse with no history and cookies left behind