The all but forgotten, but incredibly useful Remote.app has been given another breath of life. Version 2.1 adds support for AirPlay video, Internet radio, and the ability to control playback of movies rented through iTunes. As always, Remote is free, and works with the iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch running 3.1.2 or later. If you don’t already have it, head on over to iTunes to give it a whirl.
What’s New in Version 2.1
• AirPlay video support to control iTunes on your computer to stream videos to an Apple TV
• Internet radio control to play thousands of internet radio streams in iTunes on your computer
• The ability to control iTunes on your computer to play Movies and TV shows that are rented from the iTunes Store
• Addresses issues connecting to an iTunes library or Apple TV
• Includes stability and performance improvements